Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G3 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

even i am german and also working in germany i prefer to use keyboards with english layouts. To do that with the german special signs like ö, ü, ä and ß i need to use key combinations with the alt button. While there are no issues at all with the first 3 letters, i cannot create the ß with the default hotkey alt + s since that opens the HP-Systeminformations.

So as i already pointed out in the subject, my question is: How can i remove the HP-Systeminformations from the alt+s-key combination?

This HP-PC is my workstation in the office and finally got my english layout-keyboard from the company. I am using privately as well an english keyboard and have no issues at all.

-Windows 10(64-bit)

-HP Prodesk 400 G3 Mini

-keyboard layout: english (USA, international)

Grettings St_Aphra

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

You can add the German input method, the American keyboard corresponds to the German keyboard letters
; Corresponding to ö
' Corresponding to ä
- Corresponding to ß
y Corresponding to z
z Corresponding to y

HP Recommended

I know i can do that. But then i also could use just my regular german keyboard...I extra ordered an english layout, since i prefer it over the german layout ( less knots in my fingers with reaching/creating special signs than with the german layout)...

Still thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Okay, i fixed it myself with just deinstalling the hp system info programm, which was occupying my alt+s key-combo.

So topic can be closed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.