Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
St_Aphra
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How to remove systeminformation from alt +s?

HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G3 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

even i am german and also working in germany i prefer to use keyboards with english layouts. To do that with the german special signs like ö, ü, ä and ß i need to use key combinations with the alt button. While there are no issues at all with the first 3 letters, i cannot create the ß with the default hotkey alt + s since that opens the HP-Systeminformations.

So as i already pointed out in the subject, my question is: How can i remove the HP-Systeminformations from the alt+s-key combination?

This HP-PC is my workstation in the office and finally got my english layout-keyboard from the company. I am using privately as well an english keyboard and have no issues at all.

-Windows 10(64-bit)

-HP Prodesk 400 G3 Mini

-keyboard layout: english (USA, international)

Grettings St_Aphra

3 REPLIES 3
arya122378
Level 4
148 146 8 13
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

You can add the German input method, the American keyboard corresponds to the German keyboard letters
; Corresponding to ö
' Corresponding to ä
- Corresponding to ß
y Corresponding to z
z Corresponding to y

0 Kudos
St_Aphra
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I know i can do that. But then i also could use just my regular german keyboard...I extra ordered an english layout, since i prefer it over the german layout ( less knots in my fingers with reaching/creating special signs than with the german layout)...

Still thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
St_Aphra
Author
Level 1
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, i fixed it myself with just deinstalling the hp system info programm, which was occupying my alt+s key-combo.

So topic can be closed.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation