Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My newly received HP Support Assistant identifies my computer as an HP Pro 3515.  That does not conform to my present computer or any I have ever owned, nor do its serial number or product numbers, or picture.   I don't want Support Assistant downloading fixes meant for some other computer.  Can anyone tell me how to replace the bogus computer in the Support  Assistant.   Or tell me if the guts of the two computers are the same so it won't make any difference?. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ESPER6 wrote:

My newly received HP Support Assistant identifies my computer as an HP Pro 3515.  That does not conform to my present computer or any I have ever owned, nor do its serial number or product numbers, or picture.   I don't want Support Assistant downloading fixes meant for some other computer.  Can anyone tell me how to replace the bogus computer in the Support  Assistant.   Or tell me if the guts of the two computers are the same so it won't make any difference?. 

@ESPER6 

Do you have a printer around your house ? You can remove that one and add your machine to HPSA as you can see

hpsa add.png

I've got 2 machines, I can can look at other machine which sits behind the current one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Banhein,

I do not have another computer to use for this.   I have already added my Pavilion manually to the SA and can scroll to it, but I do not know which of the two computers the SA will apply updates to.  The SA still shows the Pro 3515 front and center when it opens.  I have to scroll to the Pavilion.  And I find no way to remove the Pro 3515.  Plus, I am not sure I would want to, even if I could.  On my computer, I used Control Panel to get to Administrative Tools, and there selected System Information.  And System Information shows System Model as Pro 3515 and an SKU number.  But, both the model and SKU differ from those on the stickers on the Pavilion.  And as  I said, the picture of the Pro 3515 that both the HP site and the SA show does not look like my computer.  And the picture they pull up when i manually put in the information from the stickers on my computer does look like my computer.  Very confusing.  Do you have any information or ideas that might resolve this?   Since both are out of warranty,  does SA even service them anyway?  If so, is there  a way to remove both of them from SA, so I can have only my printer there?

HP Recommended

In the last sentence of my last post I meant to say  "If SA does not service them..."  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.