Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

The choice of resolutions are still limited to what it always has been, only three settings, 800 by 600. 1024 by 768 and 1280 by 1024,  which I switched to immediately after the problem in hopes of fixing my dispay. It helps shrink the stretched icons, but doesn't fix it.    I am not given an 'optimal' setting selection.   And though my computer claims all drivers are installed, my Properties display for my Display Adapter of an ATI Radeon HD 4200 device still claims no drivers are installed for it.    

It seems my drivers are installed but for some reason my computer won't recognize it or maybe where it is.   Is there any other things I can do or places to look for other problems that may be causing this?   

I have take a copy of the drivers from my wife's computer (Exact same of mine) and tried to install them again on my computer, but I keep getting "Drivers Already Installed".   As you can imagine, it's very frustrating. 

Thanks for trying to help me with this, but the problem persists. 

HP Recommended

> ... which one ...

See: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%208%20-%2064

for the (last updated in 2013) Windows 8.1 device-driver for the ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics device.

Try installing it in "compatibility mode" under Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I can try that to fix my lost HD driver which stretches my screen out, but I'm going to need some guidance.  I don't know how to download something in the 'compatibility mode' using my Windows 10.

HP Recommended

On December 18, 2017, Microsoft released an update for the problem with AMD Radeon graphic adapters, for both Windows 10 '1703' and '1709' versions.

See: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-problems-on-some-amd-r...?

for details.

Just run Windows Update.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this info, this did it, it fixed my display.   

Much appreciation to everyone who gave their time to help me with my problem.   JH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.