Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 21-h013w
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
I had unplugged my hp pavilion 21 touchscreen all-in-1 and had plugged it into another outlet. I then had plugged it into the original outlet after I moved an ac from one window to another-not sure if it was in sleep mode before I switched the plugs around. While I was moving my desk the ac adapter had fallen off the desk and I put it back on. The computer was plugged in at the time. We'll now the computer won't turn on. When you plug in the adapter, the light is on in the back showing that it has power. The compter won't turn on, and you can't hear any motor or fans on. Nothing, completely dead. Had tried another ac adapter, and it still won't turn on. Any suggestions on how to get the computer to turn on. Had pushed the power button many times, held it, etc and still nothing. Thanx
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@C00kie0977,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://hp.care/2xzxdau

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you contact HP phone support as it may be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

1. Click on this link – https://hp.care/2moMFSc
  2. Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on “Show Options”.
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

You can try performing a reset on the printer to bypass the error message. I am sending a private message with instructions. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen to access your mailbox.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Have tried all the steps in the troubleshooting guide. Also used a different adapter. None of them worked. Still can't get the computer to turn on. I had read that there could be a problem with the motherboard or the power switch. Not sure if I shorted something out when I had unplugged it or if something happened to the switch or motherboard when the ac adapter fell off the desk while it was plugged in. Any ideas of what is making it misbehave? Not cherishing the idea of spending $200 or more to get the computer fixed. If I called phone support, how would they know what is wrong with the computer without looking at it?
HP Recommended

@C00kie0977,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

As you have mentioned that the issue persists even after following all the troubleshooting steps. It looks like a hardware issue.

I recommend you get the computer check with a local tech or you can contact phone support to get the computer fixed.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ok ended up doing several things. Took a look at the ac adapter connector that plugs into the computer. The center prong was bent. Fixed it, and plugged it into the computer. When I pushed the power button, it turned white, but still didn't power on. Tried unplugging adapter and plugging it in. Pushed power button and it still didn't work. I ended up taking the cover off. Replaced the cmos battery, unplugged the connectors to the power supply, and replugged them in. The connector looked loose. Anyways, I put the computer back together, and guess what. It started. Had to reset the time and date on it. Not sure which of these steps worked, but now the computer is working. Yippee. My kids are super happy.
HP Recommended

@C00kie0977,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.