Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-12-2022 12:23 AM - last edited on 07-13-2022 06:21 AM by MarcusC
roduct name : HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs3xxx
Processor name : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz
Win11 with 32
I hate everything about this laptop and system. I love my old reliable desktop H520S Win 7home premium x64 base Intel R PentiumR cpu G640 2.8 GHz 2800 Mhz 2 cores version-6.1.7601.24545 computer.
I hate onedrive, googledrive, edge, cortana, onenote, and everything internet related taking control of my computer and changing crap. printers dont work, drivers dont work, wont recognize kingston or sandisk miniSD cards, both USB ports show as D drives, it is just a mess!!! Probably because my ex husband hacked it or designer malware as he is a software engineer 20+ years and a vindictive stalker. i am a DV victim, have already been taken advantage of by a hacker last week, have very little functioning capacity right now and I need someone to help me. I do not want to be mocked, or demeaned so please do not respond if you are not patient and willing to help me.
1. My files are COMPLETELY DISORGANIZED-i have duplicates, files that wont open, files that are missing, weird extensions, etc
2. one day my printers work, the next they dont. I have 3 **bleep** printers and 2.5 computers and i cant get one **bleep** thing to work right
3. the half computer is a Zotac Zbox miniPC that I would like to transfer ALL files, photos, music(If i had any, those all disappeared and I had at least 1000 songs) documents, SOME programs- QB for one. I had QB 2021 and 2019 on this HP but 2021 disappeared, 2019 did too but somehow I found it
4. I need these files to open and work on my Win7 home premium
I am ready to chuck this laptop and do some Office Space **bleep** to it because I cant get anything to work!
07-12-2022 01:16 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... and I would like to help you.
(1) Update BIOS
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
|F.16 Rev.A||14.0 MB||May 23, 2022||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
- An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
- The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
- HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.
(2) Backup your private data (documents, pictures, etc.) on an external storage device (usb connected hard drive, usb flash drive)
(3) Say goodbye to windows 11, Your computer model is certified for Windows 10 only
Reinstall your system !
= = = = = = = = = = =
Use HP cloud recovery tool !
Follow the instructions below ...
I quote what user Paul_Tikkanen wrote, changed the text color so it is clearer for you: "
You can use the HP cloud recovery tool on another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.
Here is an info link for how to use the utility. You will also need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.
You will need to supply the product number of the notebook to use the tool, so use this guide for how to find the product number of your notebook.
If you cannot find the product number, you can also use the Microsoft media creation tool to create a bootable W10 installation flash drive and clean install W10. Make the 64-bit installation media.
Boot from the installation media and when you get to the part of the installation that asks, 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.
Click next and W10 will install.
Using the second method to install W10, will give you the most amount of net usable space after W10 has completed installing.
You will have to be diligent in making sure you do routine disk cleanups, and do not install a lot of programs.
= = = = = = = = = = =
(4) Please report your results
07-12-2022 03:14 AM
You're kidding me, Win11 doesnt even work on this laptop? Why isnt there something in those forced updates that recognize your system and then block the update/change? How hard can it be to add in
if system=(whatever the system is)then block upload and pop up show "this doesnt work on your system"
As fo the rest of the instructions, that is very overwhelming! I am seriously only able to function at grade school level with half the funtions not working. but I will save your recommendations and attempt them.
I assume they are in order of how I should do them? Thank you very much for writing all of that. But I will still want to transfer
all my files to my old computer and wipe this HP and install Win7 if that would work? I know it doesnt have support anymore but I dont care. I need a functioning computer. Saving that data on 32gb is hard because my drivers dont work. I have a 264mg miniSD but the GD port doesnt work. So i have been using this adapter thing the SD card goes in and plugs into a USB port.
thats all my brain can take right now.
again thanks for your help.
PS see even this started happening and idk why. why are my words being underlined in red?
07-12-2022 07:02 AM
(1) Read this to understand how you can back up your data
(2) What do you actually want to do with the newly installed computer ? Surf the Internet and write documents ? Tell me what you want to do and we will find the right operating system for you.
07-23-2022 04:26 AM
Yes I don't play games or draw or use many apps. I loved the original Word, Excel, Adobe and when my computer is too messed up I go to my desktop and love it. with its archaic Win7 and being able to find things so easily...one drive keeps trying to sneak in, and I hate one drive, google drive, and whatever else because it makes me put downloads or paperwork in a file somewhere and then I have to track it down, then find 3 different copies because I have one drive and google drive and macafee and all this crap taking over my computer and changing things.
I want to:
1. Take all my files off this laptop, and just dump them into one big pile
a. scan for malware
a. get rid of duplicates in a massive way, sort by name? then auto-sort and put them in correlating files like they used to be. I used to have ALL PICS->Family->2005
ALL PICS-> family->2006
I had about 10 basic files, documents, photos, music, misc, taxes, etc
2. when I downloaded something, it automatically went to my download folders as a downloaded file, not a cloud file. A regular hard copy file ON my cpu
3. All of my docs labeled correctly (pdf, exl, doc) so I can just open it without directing which app to use, being reminded to be an admin, and go find an update app, etc...
4. when I click save, I want it to save to the last place I saved it to
5. I want to type a letter in doc, save it to a file where i can find it, not checking 17 different layers of files
6. print, scan, save
7. check all the files I am transferring for malware before downloading to cpu
8. unload and sort, including programs like QB (I had 2021 and 2019 but 2021 has disappeared)
9. OHHH! I have these extermal audio recorders and I need the drive to read them, it doesnt even recognize them and I have tried problem solving with refreshing drives, uninstalling, etc. Instructions say PC->locate removable disc "no name E" open the removable disk and find the sync.exe file->open and it will automatically update the time to the current system, copy sync file, blah blah. I could do all that except I cannot locate that to even format it.
10. I want Win10 back. I would prefer win7 but know there is no support anymore.
11. wipe the HP laptop, reinstall basic apps, I want my audio to work everytime, printers to work every time (I have 4 printers and they work sporadially and have to reinstall app
12. I think I saw there are no particians, ,just the main one in the middle and one on either side. Then compress the data unless that makes finding files difficult.
13 disable one drive and most of macafee so just the bare minimun is there.
thats about it lol!
07-23-2022 05:32 AM
If I lived next door to you I could help you better, but let's get started....
In your situation, I would recommend that you get rid of windows completely. There are too many online services integrated into the new windows operating systems that are difficult or impossible to turn off completely.
Take a look at Lubuntu ( light and fast variant of ubuntu )
(1) You need one usb flash disk (type 2.0 or 3.0)
(2) Use your current windows operating system to create a bootable usb flash drive with Lubuntu
(3) It's just a test. Use the HP boot menu F9 to boot your notebook from the USB flash drive. Then Lubuntu will start and you can have a look at it without changing your existing wndows operating system. Everything remains as it is.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community