Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
htmt
Level 1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I have a HP Spectre, with a preinstalled recoverydisk D:, but that one is almost full. Can I delete

HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Spectre, since 3 years, with preinstalled 😧 recoverydisk. This disk is now almost full. Can I delete some files there? And which ones?

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,705 32,605 2,968 7,286
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@htmt 

Basically -- NO.  If you access that drive in any way, you run the risk of corrupting the Recovery files, and if that happens, you will no longer be able to do a recovery.

That drive is SUPPOSED to be nearly full -- but you need to check your default DOWNLOAD locations in your various Browsers to insure you are NOT writing to it.  And if you ARE, you need to change those to write to the OS drive, instead.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation