cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOD1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I have just turned on a new HP all in one and cannot save files to documents or pictures

HP Recommended
HP all in one PC 24 f0036a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP all in one and have tried to move My Documents from an external hard driver to Documents on the PC and cannot perform the action, the external drive folder freezes.
In a seperaste action, I am trying to save email files to My Documents and My Pictures and I cannot perform this action either, they come up with a red cross next to them???

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,699 32,599 2,966 7,281
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LOD1 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Even though you may be using the same login name on multiple PCs, inside the PC, the folders are actually different.  That means you can't actually "move" a Documents folder from one PC to another -- because they have different internal names.

What you SHOULD be able to do is copy the contents of the Documents folder on your old PC to a USB stick, insert that into your new PC, and then copy the contents to your new Documents folder.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation