Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-dp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to use a check scanner machine for work. It plugs into my computer via usb port and has a power cord. 

When I first started using it with my new computer (just purchased this about 20 days ago) it was working fine up until last week, I have to uninstall the drive and re-install it, which means plugging it in and out every day. 

My co-worker who had the machine before me, did not have to reinstall the driver all the time.

I do turn my computer off every day when I leave, I am not sure this has anything to do with it. 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
you can give the exact model of the computer, and of the scanner?
Where exactly does the device driver come from?
", I have to uninstall the drive and re-install it, which means plugging it in and out every day."
what exactly happens when you restart the computer and want to use it?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry, I am not the best with information, where do I need to find the exact model of my computer to give you?

It's a business scanner, so it's a driver from regions one pass website. The scanner model is Digital Check - CheXpress CX30.

To use the scanner, I have to log in one regions one pass then start a deposit. When I have to re-install and install the driver, it pops up like  bottom picture I included. 

Driver Download.pngerror.png

HP Recommended

Sorry, I don't quite understand ..
Looks like you have a problem but with the internet the scanner can be used online.!?
I'm afraid I can't help you, because my English is too bad

Try all the same to see with the support service of the scanner precisely

Otherwise, I hope another user can help you out, I don't want to waste your time for nothing

For computer model :

To find it follow this

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.