Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmiclife
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

I need help removing the back panel on my HP TouchSmart 320 Desktop PC.

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 320 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

After losing up the 2 screws on the lower back it still seems glued to the front panel.

Thanks in advence for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,717 24,369 2,847 10,412
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is a video that should help you solve your problem:

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Cosmiclife
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the tip. Unfortunatly, the back panel of my pc doesn't move even a tiny bit after losing the screws. I'm afraid I am missing a twist or something? Or maybe the screws were not correctly assemled?  :Crying:

0 Kudos
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,717 24,369 2,847 10,412
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

If you don't have the screws completely backed out, the back will not move.  I suggest trying to unscrew them farther.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
veilendank10
Level 4
76 76 3 9
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
When you loosed the screw on both side you can hear a 5 clicking sounds. As you heard that, that's the time you will have to pry that cover off from the unit.
Cosmiclife
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@veilendank10 wrote:
When you loosed the screw on both side you can hear a 5 clicking sounds. As you heard that, that's the time you will have to pry that cover off from the unit.
I did as you suggested and off came the back pannel!  A big THANKS to you :OpenSmile:  :HeartEyes: :LaughingTears:
Spoiler

0 Kudos
veilendank10
Level 4
76 76 3 9
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My pleasure.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation