Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3076nr
Microsoft Windows XP

Hello and help!

I've searched everywhere and i'm stumped...

I want to see a list of all my saved passwords...not my computer login password but the passwords that have been saved for websites, bank, etc...

Where do I find them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@kupkake2 

Where / If you find such a thing depends on what you are using to store the information.

If you are using your browser to store sites and passwords, check in the browser.

Can't find it?  Look for help from your browser support site.

If you are using Security Software to manage the login sites and passwords, look to your security software for the information.  Can't find it?  Contact your Security software support people or look for help on the net for that particular Security software.

It is possible the data is encrypted - this might be the case if the information is managed by your Security Software.

Depending on where and how the data is stored, you might be able to Export the information to a readable format.

We cannot provide specifics on this topic.

Why?

You cannot get any specific help here - we are a public website.

We are prohibited from providing any detailed information about security.

The rules are intended to keep you - and us - safe.

HP Community Rules of Participation

If someone does sneak in and tell you,

"Sure, we can help - just send us your information or let us into your computer",

Don't do it. 

Scammers and rats troll the Internet looking for victims - do NOT share your private information with thieves.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kupkake2 

Where / If you find such a thing depends on what you are using to store the information.

If you are using your browser to store sites and passwords, check in the browser.

Can't find it?  Look for help from your browser support site.

If you are using Security Software to manage the login sites and passwords, look to your security software for the information.  Can't find it?  Contact your Security software support people or look for help on the net for that particular Security software.

It is possible the data is encrypted - this might be the case if the information is managed by your Security Software.

Depending on where and how the data is stored, you might be able to Export the information to a readable format.

We cannot provide specifics on this topic.

Why?

You cannot get any specific help here - we are a public website.

We are prohibited from providing any detailed information about security.

The rules are intended to keep you - and us - safe.

HP Community Rules of Participation

If someone does sneak in and tell you,

"Sure, we can help - just send us your information or let us into your computer",

Don't do it. 

Scammers and rats troll the Internet looking for victims - do NOT share your private information with thieves.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon Fur!!!!

It was in my browser settings!! 

I've been a Mac user my whole life and i'm learning this new system...lots of brain frying !!!

HP Recommended

@kupkake2 

You are welcome.

If your browser supports it, consider using a "master password" to keep casual eyes out of the password file.

Check in your browser whether this is a feature - and if so, how it works.

Welcome to Windows.  🖼

It can be a shock to enter a completely new realm.  Smiling.

As you have found, nearly everything is stored " somewhere" other than where you expect.

It will be OK - in time, anything new becomes the new normal 

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.