4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

In Gmail links no longer work on my HP laptop

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Gmail starts well on my HP laptop. But within received e-mails, any link does not respond to clicking, Same e-mail, same link works fine in Gmail on my mobile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wiltax
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem now solved by repeatedly restarting the laptop. I had tried this before several times some hours ago, and do not understand why it solved the problem now but not before.

So please ignore the question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
wiltax
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem now solved by repeatedly restarting the laptop. I had tried this before several times some hours ago, and do not understand why it solved the problem now but not before.

So please ignore the question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
wiltax
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the problem is not solved permanently! After shutting down the laptop en restarting it, the same problem occurs again. Restarting again and again has not yet fixed it this time. What could be wrong?!

0 Kudos
wiltax
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Final word on this topic: problem solved now. It was caused by a recent Windows 10 update during which the choice for e-mail and webbrowser standard-apps had been changed from my normal settings (Google GMail and Google Chrome).

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation