06-12-2019 11:01 PM
I'm attempting to install the "Realtek Audio Console" on my HP Windows 10 (64-bit)desktop. The Realtek web site is not the easiest to read so I loaded 3 different audio drivers That would cover me. The drivers were accepted by my PC. Now I want to load the "Realtek Audio Console" so I can adjust the base and environmentals sounds to the songs being played. It appears that I needed to load the drivers prior to loading the control panel. I'm unable to get the user interface app to load from the Microsoft store https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?activetab=pivot:overviewtab. I've read where a lot of people have this problem but generally appears there is no resolution that I could find. Help, please.
Thank you in advance
06-15-2019 01:18 PM - edited 06-15-2019 01:19 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
Meanwhile, let's uninstall all the Realtek Audio drivers from the computer.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Settings.
- Click System on the Settings menu.
- Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
- Select a Realtek app to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button that appears. Next step will let know once I have product information.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee