Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
INA139VNK9
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey There!

I had a problem with my graphics card previously (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Boot-Problems-Graphic-Card/m-p/6...) Which I fixed. 

But I have to wait around 2 Minutes during the startup so I'm off to find a new fix to this and found a possible fix for it - 

I successfully installed a fanless GT 1030 (no external power) to my Pavilion p6-2017esm without needing to wait 2 minutes on each boot and hearing those annoying beeps.
Apparently, the problem is related to the way the motherboard handles the graphics inside the BIOS, and the incompatibility with newer Nvidia GPUs (all the post-Fermi architecture GPUs). 
The good news is that the Cupertino2 motherboard integrates a VGA and a DVI-I display port for the Intel integrated GPU, and that GPU is 100% compatible with the BIOS.
All you need to do is enable the integrated GPU, so the motherboard uses it just for the BIOS startup, and then let Windows use your new Nvidia GPU.

In order to do that, you must connect your monitor to both the Nvidia and Intel GPUs.
Then, boot the PC and immediately press Esc... now wait for those beeps to stop :P 
Once the Bios Menu pops out, press F10 to access the BIOS Setup, go to Advanced, and inside Device Options, enable the Integrated Video option, and save the settings. Next time the pc boots, there won't be any beep noises or delays; your BIOS is successfully using the integrated GPU to boot up.
All what's left to do is enter the BIOS Setup again, go to Advanced, and inside PCI VGA Configuration, set the Nvidia GPU as the primary card by pressing F5. That way your PC will always boot Windows with the Nvidia GPU.
Once you reboot, everything should work perfectly. You don't even need to keep the DVI cable plugged in the Intel integrated GPU, you can unplug it and the mobo will still think that it's connected (seriously, I’ve never seen such a buggy motherboard in my life :D but it’s cool that you can at least take advantage of its defects)

Now you can try to boot or install Windows and see how it goes.

I’m using Arch Linux and my GT 1030 works without problems, I can even enjoy 8k videos on youtube without any issues, and play Wolfenstein 2 at 720p 30fps :P

Btw, I strongly recommend you to unplug your monitor from the integrated Intel GPU once you’re over with this fix. The cupertino2 motherboard can’t properly handle 2 GPUs running at the same time (or so it says in the official online documentation).

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/hcpZ5

But the problem is that the Integrated Video option is not showing up.

The Computer specs are:-

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.170913-1848)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: P6-2010IX

Motherboard: H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) Details
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/23/2012 CUP_716.rom Ver: 7.16
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 730
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1287&SUBSYS_730B19DA&REV_A1
Display Memory: 8150 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4063 MB
Shared Memory: 4086 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: HP 27e Display
Monitor Model: HP 27es
Monitor Id: HWP3326
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Technocrat
PC Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.170913-1848)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: P6-2010IX

Motherboard: H-CUPERTINO2-H61-uA TX (Cupertino2) Details
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/23/2012 CUP_716.rom Ver: 7.16
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3 HyperX
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 4GB
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mudit_lal 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03012668

It has  Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics and you installed  NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 to your machine. By default,  Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed therefore you can't see in BIOS and DVI-D port and VGA port on the following image are disabled

Figure : Back I/O panel
  1. USB 2.0: 4
  2. LAN
  3. DVI-D port
  4. VGA port
  5. Audio: Line in
  6. Audio: Line out
  7. Audio: Microphone

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.