Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI..I am getting erors on boot and also my pci serial port ,simple communicatons controller driver showing eror(look at the pic)plz help me out..

Desktop Model:hp compaq dc7900 core 2 quad q9400

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

PCI simple communicatons controller

This package contains the Intel Active Client Manager Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI) device driver for the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45813.exe

pci serial port

This package contains the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) support for Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) for the supported desktop models and operating systems. This software is part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45814.exe

HP Recommended

Hlw ..Now I am having problem at boot its says "Intel ME Bios Extension V5.0.5 "and some kind of moduel eror .

ow can I Update my me bios extension or me firmware ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know why you got that error, or what you need to do to fix it.

I have a dc7900 SFF running W10 Pro and all I did was install those very drivers and the PC worked just fine.

There is a way to update the ME firmware but I have never done it before, so I can't be of help with that.

The ME firmware updates are on the dc7900 support page and I don't know what will happen if you run them on W10.

It is very hard to do is all that I know.   Usually results in disaster if you don't know what you are doing.

HP Recommended

Screenshot (1).png

HEY..

I also forget to let you know about another driver eroer...

after installing those driver which you gave before for pci serial port also showing this kindda eror .

Its not fixed yet 😞 😞 

Is there any other solution??

HP Recommended

That is really strange that both drivers didn't install properly.

I've never had a problem like that.

Try this...

Go to the device manager, click on the PCI Serial Port device.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the Intel Local Management Service (LMS) and Serial-over-LAN (SOL) driver.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp45814.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then do the same thing for the Intel Management Engine Interface device but browse to C:\SWSetup\sp45813.

If that doesn't work, go into the BIOS and see if setting it to its defaults resolves the issue.

HP Recommended

I think manually driver installation won't slove my problem ...cause my driver installed perfectly but it's not working 😞 😞 

I think I have to downgrade  my os 10 to 7 cz all the drivers are for win 7 .some how its worked on your pc but not mine..

Is there any way to apply custom bios on my pc?

Thanks for your help.........

HP Recommended

Hey also check this one out ..This is the eror what I am having at boot (checck the image )IMG_20171015_103023.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no custom BIOS' for any dc7xxx PC.

I don't think downgrading back to W7 will get rid of the POST error.

Did you try setting the BIOS to it defaults and restarting the PC.

That would be the only suggestion I can offer.

As I wrote the other day, I have the same model running W10 just fine using the very same drivers I gave you.

No problems encountered whatsoever.

HP Recommended

I had  already restored my bios setting defaults settings and also tried win 7 it doesn't work for me at all 😞 

I think I have some problem with my motherboard.........I have to change it ....

Thanks for your help

🙂  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.