Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G8 Notebook PC (1W9Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

So I've been having an error with my pc, isdone.dll and unarc.dll error. I say "an" because it is all just one message. At first i thought it'll just happen when i installed games, they'll fail and give the error message mentioned above. I've done everything on YouTube, from allocating ram, re-downloading the missing files, deleting temp files. You name it, i probably did it. But the error persist. I wouldn't mind too much if it only affects games, but even programs for coding, they'll fail as well. I'd really appreciate any resolution please help me

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

hi

have you installed windows 11?
same problem before if so?

what configuration do you have exactly?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-255-g8-notebook-pc/38151405/model/38455625/document/c0695565...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply 

I've updated to windows 11. How do you check configurations, i might have tinkered with that if i saw a video on YouTube

HP Recommended

Don't know what you bought?
The main one, size of the hard disk or ssd, or both!
available space !
Amount of memory installed
You have the different possible configurations in the given link

you did not answer, same problem before windows 11?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Okay, this issue started when it was still windows 10, hence i thought the update might repair this issue. My ssd is 255gb and my external hdd is 1tb. I previously had 8gb ram but then installed an additional 4gb but says total is 10gb ram instead of 12gb which is fine, the drivers must be using up the other 2gb... Long story short, it's an AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with radeon vega mobile gfx. But in terms of configurations, I'm not sure what that entails, maybe we using different jargon for the same thing and we are lost in translation. 

Side note, the additional ram is ddr4, which I'm told could bode issues but i don't think it'll be this error specifically 

HP Recommended

ok, that enough

I read that this problem could happen if not enough disk space!
so what space is left, and in general with what size of program, do you have this problem

do a full check

please perform the hardware tests
everything is explained in this link

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

An example of a failed test with Contact HP option

you may have an error code , failure ID (24-digit code) , as shown

if so, just give this code here

or
https://support.hp.com/us-en/eas/failureid?origin=DiagSite

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I have 1tb of free space in my external hard drive, and i have 110 gb free space in the internal ssd. Usually it would be programs or games over 20gb that produce this error. In fact, just last night i tried unreal engine, unity and nfs heat and all 3 gave the same error, but 2 nights back i successfully installed web expression, and euro trucks. I test both programs and games because I'm trying to narrow down the issue, like the space or system requirements that do not produce this error and as far as i can tell, it's just the space, not ram or vram or processors that cause this, just the fact that installing anything over 20gb would cause this error

HP Recommended

110 gb of free this can be a cause, although it seems to me enough for most of the time
so try to free up as much space as possible
move personal files, delete unused programs etc!
Are the games from known platforms?
I ask because I have read several times that this happens with games from certain sites!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Previously i installed AC 4 black flag and it worked, along with nba 2k16. But then i started having this isdone.dll error and both of those stopped working so i had to reinstall them, that's when i found out about this error. So i know it's not the space, cause I've even tried installing on my external drive but still the same issues. But i just tried to re-register that isdone.dll in command prompt and I'll type verbatim what it's showing me now...

The module "isdone.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found. 

Make sure that "isdone.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

To my knowledge, when i search for the isdone.dll i can find it on appdata on my C drive... But now it's saying it's not registered. I don't want to sound like i know what I'm doing, cause honestly i wouldn't even know about this had i not be speaking to you, and although the issue is not fixed, it's a relief that you take your time to help me out, but this does mean that space is not the issue

HP Recommended

Didn't answer, platform, download games?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.