Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Have new HP computer p6823w. Windows 7 64-bit.  Items such as control panel, documents, updates, etc stick in taskbar.  When click on to open to screen, they seem to fly off page.  Right click on maximize & nothing happens.  Tried all restore pts (only have a few since have only had computer 5 days), but didn't help anything.  Now today IE pages are going to taskbar & won't come out either. Any ideas??

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I got help with this this morning.

First:  Press the key with the windows icon and the letter "p" at the same time.

A panel with pictures of four computer acreens will pop up.  Yours is probably set to the third picture "extend."  Mine was.

Second:   Just click on the first panel "computer only" and you should be set.   It worked great for me.

HP Recommended

The Windows-P hint worked like a charm for me.  This was probably the 5th "solution" I've tried to no avail.  Worked using Windows 8.

HP Recommended

i'm having the same problem, along with a few others. I always have Utorrent in the task bar, set to launch on startup. when i hover over the icon, it shows that its open. however, if i click on it, sometimes it does not enlarge or maximize. i tried he windows button & "P" at the same time, but its already set on 'computer only...? any other suggestions? thanx in advance

HP Recommended

My Friend !!!!    YOU ARE A GOD !!!   Thank you so much for the help !!  I was getting scared this was going to turn into a Big Ole" Tack in MY Ass.  !!!  Your the Best !!  I wish I could thank you in person !!

Frank X. McPhillips

Harrisburg, PA.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  That was it!  I decided to try the old Myst Masterpiece game yesterday.   After that I could not open Explorer.  I even tried a system restore that was suggested.  It was for Windows 95/98!  Actually, Myst reminds of the new Pokemon Go that everyone is playing these days.

HP Recommended

This unfortunately does not work if you happen to have more than one screen (as I have).

HP Recommended

This unfortunately does not work if you happen to have more than one screen (as I have).

HP Recommended

the Windows P trick worked for me as well. For some reason, some (but not all) programs would not maximize on one of my two screens.

Windows P, then selecting computer-only then going back to Extend fixed the issue.

thanks 

p.s. another reason to hate all computers -- and I am an IT guy:)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.