Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Win10 pro 64 1809 build 17763.503

KB5403327 won't install.

Every day the PC settings downloads and tries to install this update and fails each time requiring a reboot..

Otherwise the desktop works fine' but it's getting tiresome.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I can't find your referenced update KB5403327.

Please describe any error messages received when the update fails.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry..

It's actually KB 4503327

HP Recommended

Hi,

Check this (Link) for known problems with this update.

I would try the update with only a wired (keyboard and mouse) and monitor connected to the PC.

There was a black screen problem immediately after the update. A system restart usually fixed the issue.

This update does not seem to like some hardware or hardware drivers installed on your PC.

Could be corrupted system files. Run a system file check to verify OS integrity.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks again.

I did the DISM and SFC a few times before.

It showed some errors that it said were corrected.

I tried updating again and it kept failing each time.

I keep checking the HP support site and don't see any driver updates.

Maybe there some I could update manually if I knew whatt they were.

HP Recommended

Hi

I don't what else to tell you.

This W10 update does not like something about your current OS configuration.

Try a clean W10 1903 installation (Link) on a different storage device.

Or try a clean W10 install of previous W10 versions on a different storage device using Heidoc (Link) to get the W10 installation media.

Regards

HP Recommended

I actually bought 2 of these PCs about 6 mos ago from HP.

I thought they would be interested in helping me them maintaining them.

I use the HP support assistant to look for any updates.

Except for normal maintenance, I didn't think I would have to go through what you suggested.

In addition, Microsoft support is an oxymoron. Every reply is just a scripted response.

Since I bought them through Costco, I might give them a call to see what they can do.

Fortunately there's this forum where experts such as yourself are contributing more that the manufacturers do, and I thank you again.

HP Recommended

Hi Gooot,

Sorry I could not fix the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Gooot,

Have you tried the Microsoft Win Updater

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.