Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion 580-023w Gaming Desktop with the 82F1 motherboard. It has the wrong BIOS installed on it (F.27), which is an HP laptop BIOS from my research. I do not know how or why my computer is still running but it isn't running that amazing. I'm supposed to have the BIOS version F.25 for my desktop/motherboard, and I've tried installing that BIOS version through Windows 10, through a usb flash drive and the HP utility software. Each time it hasn't worked and has given me the same problem that the BIOS signature file was not recognized. I don't know what to do!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, so the bios number could be similar to different products!
From what I found, there is no error, you have the correct version of the bios!
Updated automatically, can be effectively with HP support assistant, or yes windows update also
given that returning to an earlier version is either complicated or impossible, and in any case, can be risky, I advise you to leave it at that !

now, if the computer, is not very fast

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

see to add memory if needed

• hdd
  • Size: 1 TB
  • Interface: SATA
  • Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM

possibly add a sata SSD

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

sorry, I don't see how you could end up with a laptop update, how do you find that?
your computer, must be this one

motherboard specifications, Odense2-K

SSID: 82F1

the update system, refuses the installation, normally if the version is not valid / it does not correspond to the SSID / motherboard

so how did this update come about?

[edit] take a look

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c06274335

HP OMEN by HP 870-xxx (SSID de la famille ROM 82F1)
F.27

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/document/c05433249

desktop, same motherboard, f.27 version

HP Pavilion Power 580-xxx (SSID de la famille ROM 82F1)
F.27
SP96779

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Oh, I never saw that PC I just looked up F.27 and found that it was a laptop BIOS version as well. I don't know how this BIOS was installed on my PC, I never manually updated it. I'm guessing it was Windows Update or something similar.

Here's more info of my PC:

EdwardianTheIV_0-1654221231714.png

EdwardianTheIV_1-1654221324510.png

EdwardianTheIV_2-1654221380007.png

HP Recommended

Ok, so the bios number could be similar to different products!
From what I found, there is no error, you have the correct version of the bios!
Updated automatically, can be effectively with HP support assistant, or yes windows update also
given that returning to an earlier version is either complicated or impossible, and in any case, can be risky, I advise you to leave it at that !

now, if the computer, is not very fast

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-19200 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2400

see to add memory if needed

• hdd
  • Size: 1 TB
  • Interface: SATA
  • Rotational Speed: 7200 RPM

possibly add a sata SSD

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.