Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All in one PC 22 c1062in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I thought McAfee antivirus subscription cones with one year validity for new PC. I am getting a.message to renew the McAfee subscription within first month of buying the PC. Please advise

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello
I can't find a correct page with the information
But as is often the case, it is a trial version of at least 30 days
I found another product, of the same type, and it is well mentioned

In french sorry :

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c06379409.pdf

McAfee LiveSafe™ ²

² McAfee LiveSafe version d'essai gratuite de 30 jours (accès Internet requis. 30 premiers jours inclus. Abonnement requis pour mises à jour ...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Ketan4 

So neither McAfee nor HP have any idea when you BOUGHT the pc, which is when the one-year period should start; but in fact, the period starts when the PC is BUILT, not when it is sold.

You have to contact HP Customer Support to register the PC to see if that resets the warranty start date, and then to see if that resets the end date of McAfee as well.

HP International Support: http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/support.html

HP Phone Support: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello
what do you mean @WAWood 
The warranty date, and the trial period of a software are two different things ?

the trial period of the software starts from its first use normally.
If it is 30 days it remains 30 days, even if hp validates the warranty period again, not ?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

First, I told the OP to check with HP Customer Support to see if resetting the Warranty start date would also reset the McAfee start date.  OF course I know they are different products!  But, they MIGHT be tied together, and I asked the OP to check on that.

Second, the OP clearly said they thought they had a one-year license for McAfee, not 30-days.  Once again, HP Customer Support would be able to confirm that for them.

You really need to QUIT ARGUING with folks!

HP Recommended

reread the document I gave @WAWood 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

OK, fine -- I read enough French to understand the document that indicates that McAfee is a 30-day trial --despite what the OP was lead to believe. You are correct.

HP Recommended

no problem @WAWood 
I admit that I am unpleasantly surprised by these new features
Unless I'm mistaken, my first computers had a test offer of at least six months for antivirus
30 days, I think it's short, to get an idea of the software
But hey there are many free !

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Prométhée 

Sorry I gave you a hard time -- my eyes are bad and I could not read the really fine print -- I will look closer next time.

And yeah, I was dismayed to see that an AV product furnished on a new PC only has as 30-day trial.  I would not expect a year these days, but 90 days would not be unreasonable.

HP Recommended

Emoticone et smiley ordinateur informaticien

it's brand new i have glasses now to see near and far

Emoticone et smiley triste soupir

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.