Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
750-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since I upgraded to Windows 10  version 1903. I lost all favorites. Plus the system does not save Pin favorites to task bar. Plus when I pin a favorite to the start tiles nothing saves. Everytime I restart my computer all is lost. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Dansluga

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Restore Previous Versions if Microsoft Edge Favorites Disappeared

1. Open This PC > C:\Users\Usersname > Find out Favorites folder > right-click it and click "Restore Previous Versions". 

2. Relaunch Microsoft Edge to check whether the favourites bar has appeared.

Import Favorites from Internet Explorer 

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the More actions button at the top right corner, and click/tap on "Settings".

3. Click/tap on the "Import favourites" from another browser link.

4. Select "Internet Explorer", and click/tap on "Import". Your favourites and favourites bar will be restored in Microsoft Edge. 

Or you can Open Microsoft Edge app > select "Hub" > "Favorites" >click on "Import favorites" > select "Internet Explorer" > click on the "Import" button. If your Internet Explorer favourites are also missing, you can browse C:\Users\UserName\Favorites to open your Favorites folder. Once you find your favourites, you should be able to open them in Microsoft Edge and save them once again.

Restore Favorites in IE Edge

Close Microsoft Internet Explorer Edge first if it's opened. And if you have backups, when you lose Favorites in IE Edge, follow next steps to restore the bookmarks then:

1. Open File Explorer, go to C:\User\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default. 

2. Copy the backed up DataStore folder that you saved into the "Default" folder.

3. Click "Replace the files in the destination". Then you'll be able to restore the Microsoft Edge and get Favorites back.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.