Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet 4620.  I need to print an iron transfer for sewing.  Per directions I should type what I want printed then select mirror image or flip.  I'll be darn if I can find it anywhere !  HELP PLEASE!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Correct!  If I knew this at the time of purchase you know the answer.  of course HP doesn't mention that.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi Sushisue,

I understand that you want to print an image for sewing, and not able to find the mirror image or flip option. I would like to be able to assist with this, but first I do need a bit more information.

What version of windows are you currently running?

What program are you using to print from?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi thank you so much for responding to my question.  I am printing out a recipe card from the HP Photo Creations and I have Windows 7.  I tried everything and can't find a mirror image or flip tab on any program.  I am making pot holders with the person's favorite recipe printed on cloth then sewn together.  I need the mirror image to print onto the transfer then iron onto the fabric.  I hope I haven't confused you?

Thank you in advance for tackling my problem.

Susie

HP Recommended

Hi Sushisue. (That's a tongue-twister!)

Depending on your printer, you may be able to select mirrored printing by clicking the Printer Controls link on the print screen in HP Photo Creations. (See screenshot below.)

Another option would be to copy your recipe card design to the T-shirt project:

1. Save your recipe card
  2. Click My Projects
  3. Select your project
  4. Click Apply this design to a different product
  5. Select the T-shirt project

That would give you a shirt with a single recipe, but might be fun to try, and we handle the messy T-shirt transfer!

Our customer support team can walk you through the process. Just write to hpphotocreations@hp.com.

Printer Controls

Apply Design 3.6

Hope this helps. 

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

customer support contacted me and said there is no mirror image in the HP creation.  I can't believe I have this fantastic computer and I can't print a mirror image!!!!  What a waste.

Susie

HP Recommended

Hey Sushisue,

I saw your post and thought you might benefit from a previous post from 8lives

To reverse an image for iron-on transfers
1. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
2. Make sure the product is the selected printer.
3. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box.
Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties,
Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
4. Click the Features tab.
5. In the Paper Type drop-down list, click More, and then select HP Iron-on Transfer
from the list.
6. If the selected size is not what you want, click an appropriate size in the Size list.
7. Click the Advanced tab.
8. In the Features area, select the Mirror Image check box.
9. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you Mrstenter I will give your instructions a shot.  I'm not very computer savy and I'm not sure I understand your verbage but I will try.  Thank you for responding to my situation.   What do you mean by software application?  I don't have word or at least I did download a trial version of it and trying to figure it out.  I will try it in this trial word and see if I can do it there.  Thank you again.

Susie

HP Recommended

Hi Sushisue,

Just let me know if you need some assistance.  Have a great week.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi again.

"Software application" is a fancy name for "program"; in this case, it means HP Photo Creations. But the key here is that the printer controls the mirror effect. If the printer exposes that feature to the program, you can use it.

Here's how I set up mirrored printing on a Photosmart 7510 in Windows 7. (See Mac instructions at end.)

1. Click Printer Controls on the printing screen in HP Photo Creations.
  2. Click the Finishing tab.
  3. Select the Mirror Image checkbox.

I'll let our customer support team know about this technique. 

On Windows: 

mirrored printing

On Mac:

Mac mirrored print

Result: 

tricky mirror

Happy printing,

RocketLife

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
HP Recommended

The problem I am having is I don't want to order make my own T.  According to the program I can make my own print but then I have to send it to HP to have it printed to a T.  I don't want a T I want to make my own print out to make my own item.  Am I going crazy or am I reading this entire thing wrong?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.