srmarathon
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Missing Windows 7 product #

HP Recommended
HP Pro 3500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pro 3500 C9J26UT Desktop PC Serial [edit]. I upgraded WIndows 7 to Windows 10 and need the original Windows Product Key to activate Windows. I do not see it anywhere on the case and was not given it when I bought the computer from Tiger Direct. PLease email me or call me at [edit]with the product key or where to find it. Thank you. David Levine

2 REPLIES 2
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,178 3,568 8,040
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community  @srmarathon 

HP and all manufacturers do not retain records of COA's

Buy a new W7 Pro 64Bit from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=windows+7+pro+64+bit&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=15

REO

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,874 124,230 20,661 31,753
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @srmarathon 

Some HP 3500 Pros came with W8 motherboards, which have the product key in the BIOS.

it is possible that your PC has a W8 Pro product key in the BIOS and had downgrade rights to W7 Pro.

Run this free utility that I zipped up and attached below, to see if there is a W8 Pro product key in your PC's BIOS.

If there is, you may be able to use that key to activate W10 Pro.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation