Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop - S01-aF1005t

I have another thread about this and have been working on the issue for days. It seems since a Windows 11 update my monitor goes off intermittently (sometimes within seconds). It wakes back up on its own or If I wake it up with the mouse.  After much hardware troubleshooting, it had appeared a software issue. So I finally contacted Microsoft and they were so helpful. It seems I need a new driver for the display. So they head over to HP support and Windows 11 is not an option for display drivers.  We download the windows 10 drivers available. It they didn’t work.  Can this be? Do I really have to roll back to Windows 10? Or should I pack the desktop away until HP catches up? This is beyond frustrating. Desktop is 1 year 2 weeks old and HP won’t help without charging me for extended warranty. Poor customer service. Microsoft helped- no charge. 

Any ideas community?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See my knowledge base article for how to manually update the Intel UHD 6xx graphics driver to the latest version for W11 directly from Intel.

Manually Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel..... - HP Support Community - 7185608

HP Recommended

Hi Paul:

I think I went through this process with Microsoft last night and nothing changed. 

But to be sure, I followed your directions and I think I did everything right.  The issue is still happening...monitor keeps going off.  To be sure I did this right, the driver that is showing installed is dated: 8/24/2022 - 31.0.101.2114

I appreciate any help.  This is very frustrating. 

Regards,

Cynthia

HP Recommended

Hi Paul:  I followed all directions - rebooted and monitor is still shutting off.

To be sure I did this right, the driver I am seeing in the Device Manager is dated: 8/24/2022

Any help is appreciated.  

Regards,

Cynthia

HP Recommended

In addition : Under Device Manager / Monitor / Under Events, this information displays.....

Device DISPLAY\HWP26A8\4&32aa1054&0&UID200195 requires further installation.

HP Recommended

Hi:

It looks like there is a problem with the actual monitor driver itself.

According to the info you posted, you have a HP w2207 monitor.

There are only drivers up to Windows 7 for that display.

See if this works...

I have zipped up and attached below, the W7 monitor driver for your monitor.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.

Click to expand the Monitors device category.

Click on the monitor listed there...It may be a generic PnP Monitor.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped..

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

HP Recommended

Hi again:

I followed your instructions. I did not see a new driver install.  Instead I received:

"The best drivers for device already installed"  I do remember doing this with the Microsoft Customer Rep a few weeks ago, maybe that is why I am getting this message.

The driver that is showing is installed is dated 8/12/2009.

Do you think it is best I purchase a new monitor. However, I did swap out the monitor and had the same results when I first started troubleshooting. I don't know if there are any other solutions?

Thank you,

Cynthia

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions you can try.

I don't know if purchasing a new monitor would resolve the problem, since you got the same results with a different monitor. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.