Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I'v recently had to reset my PC and now the wireless mouse isn't working which I believe is because I need to pair it, however I no longer have the dvd software for the mouse control centre required to do this. Is there an install I can get from somewhere? My wireless keyboard still works perfectly, it's just the mouse.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Turn the mouse off, or remove one battery if it doesn't have a switch.

Hold the mouse close to the receiver (with pc on)

Hold down both left, right & mouse wheel buttons while turning mouse on (or putting battery back in)

Light on mouse will flash slow, then fast. Once flashing finished, it'll be paired.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks, michael.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help but that still hasn’t fixed the issue. The mouse flashes quickly straight away and doesn’t stop. 

HP Recommended

Do mean the light underneath the mouse, or the light on the top near the scroll wheel?

HP Recommended

The red light underneath the mouse. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.