Scratts
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Need Mouse Control Software for HP Envy 23 mouse, model number MG-0982

HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I'v recently had to reset my PC and now the wireless mouse isn't working which I believe is because I need to pair it, however I no longer have the dvd software for the mouse control centre required to do this. Is there an install I can get from somewhere? My wireless keyboard still works perfectly, it's just the mouse.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Turn the mouse off, or remove one battery if it doesn't have a switch.

Hold the mouse close to the receiver (with pc on)

Hold down both left, right & mouse wheel buttons while turning mouse on (or putting battery back in)

Light on mouse will flash slow, then fast. Once flashing finished, it'll be paired.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks, michael.

0 Kudos
Scratts
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your help but that still hasn’t fixed the issue. The mouse flashes quickly straight away and doesn’t stop. 

0 Kudos
Hibb1
Level 6
472 472 38 88
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do mean the light underneath the mouse, or the light on the top near the scroll wheel?

0 Kudos
Scratts
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The red light underneath the mouse. Thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation