SquireTrelawney
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Need chipset drivers for old HP Pavilion m7600

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion m7600

Hi,

I have a very old (2006) HP Pavilion m7600, which I upgraded to Windows 10. 

After upgrading the operating system, my network adapter drivers (and some other drivers) no longer work. I believe I need to update my chipset drivers to fix the issues.

However, I assume as my machine is so old I can’t find the relevant chipset drivers via the HP site.

I’ve also tried the motherboard manufacturer’s website (Phoenix) but can’t run their diagnostic/upgrade utility because it requires a network connection.

Is there any hope that I’ll be able to update my chipset drivers (without use of a third party website) to make my old machine run Win 10 successfully?

Many thanks,

Squire Trelawney

3 REPLIES 3
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,874 4,808 533 2,082
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
instead give the hardware id of devices not installed

https://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-de...
you can try this site otherwise:

Trouver les drivers et pilotes en téléchargement, mise à jour PC

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
SquireTrelawney
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

The ID of the network adapter, for instance, is Intel(R) 82562V.

I've tried the Intel site but, unless I am mistaken, I can't find the drivers there. 

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,874 4,808 533 2,082
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this card may no longer be updated
however i found this:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/fr/download/18713/Ethernet-Pilote-de-carte-r-seau-Intel-pour-Window...

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation