Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5229uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post in. Our mouse has recently died and I have been looking on the UK shop for a new one. So my question really is will any HP mouse be compatible with the Pavilion Slimline s5229uk computer? I am thinking if buying the HP Wireless Mouse 200, but can't see my computer model in the compatible products list.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Any Windows 7 compatible wired USB mouse should work. Windows 7 compatibility is normally ubiquitous at this point in time for most peripherals.

A wireless mouse should also work if it uses USB to communicate with the operating system and has Windows 7 compatibility.

There are always exceptions.

Did you try the failing mouse or a different mouse in all front and back USB ports to verify the mouse is the problem? It would not hurt to try the mouse on a different PC, if possible.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for your reply and help! The problem with the mouse we have right now is that the metal that carries the battery energy has corroded in the battery compartment and the mouse won't even turn on. Hence me looking for a new one.

HP Recommended

Hi Claire181818,

You're very welcome.

A simple fix might be to clean the mouse battery contacts. I used some fine steel wool to do this.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.