Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New to win 10 and assaulted by a groups of unknown number of passwords for this or that the problem got worse as I went around in numberless circles until my frustration overcame me...

I wanted to complete the Microsoft password and whatever - email address or whatever else I was to type in - I was finally LOCKED OUT and have no way of understanding why or how I accomplished that terrible experience on myself...

I have absolutely no understanding of the problem I created for myself...

I had an earlier password and etc using years earlier  but didn't anticipate that... so I messed that opportunity up unknowingly...

If there is a way to help me fix the problem or help from Microsoft (somehow???)

Step-by-step guide lines might be of help and clarification of steps to figure this our for me --- any questions is OK with me even suggestions of keywords and passwords is ok with me...

Sorry for this long note - sincerely hopefully ron 202 ( I hope the "ron202"  --- with much appreciation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ron202 

First off, we are not allowed to assist with password recovery or reset.

Second, since it sounds like you are using an MSN login (which shows an email address on the login screen), here is information on how to reset that:  https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

IF that does not work, then your only recourse will be to do a factory reset of your PC.  To do that, you press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting.  When the HP Startup Menu appears, you select the option to do a reset.  That will take 2-3 hours to complete.  When done and your PC reboots, you will be back in initial setup again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ron202 

First off, we are not allowed to assist with password recovery or reset.

Second, since it sounds like you are using an MSN login (which shows an email address on the login screen), here is information on how to reset that:  https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

IF that does not work, then your only recourse will be to do a factory reset of your PC.  To do that, you press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting.  When the HP Startup Menu appears, you select the option to do a reset.  That will take 2-3 hours to complete.  When done and your PC reboots, you will be back in initial setup again.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion... I will look into that article...

I think that Microsoft password has to do with option helps at Microsoft... I remember from a long time ago dealing with some of my confusing questions I had to sign in... but, I never (?) had to sign in just to download updates whatever... difficult to remember... I appreciate your suggestion and will see what I can do... I'll see what I get with internet search as well.

ron202

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply - I think I responded earlier - sometime earlier

I just asked for further help on a different problem  on howto boot first with USB and CD before opening win 10 - wrote that request yesterday. The reason I am commenting now is that I'm not sure how to participate in the helpful HP Community forum... I was looking to see if I had some response - I apologize ;earning to move around and understand if that HP community forum email I just received indicated a response that I should read...

with apprciation

ron202

HP Recommended

ron202 here...

Regarding your suggestion to use the Microsoft password setup... that is the problem... I can't because I have tried so many times that Microsoft put a Lock on it making it even more difficult cause I always end up with the statement that this is Locked

If Microsoft took a look they will find that the only email request has been mine instead they send me a form letter (email) with no help to solve this password setup... I have been going back and forth for the past 5 months and have just recently gave up!

Besides that I had changed my lock screen and could not get back into windows - lucky I made notes on each change of passwords and found open win 10 - I almost panicked with this problem...

I thought that HP had as a computer protection that the boot order come from HP already set for protection. I bought a password reset USB - I cannot boot from USB - I made a CD Repair CD with win 10 - I have not tried even since I was so disappointed that I can''t boot from the USB with the password reset drive.

I never did even look into that ESC afraid to touch anything - I wish HP would what they did for me couple of computers ago a "remote" fix... I wish I can  get help to reset the boot order... I can't use a phone with any one for any kind of help on any topic for any reason... I'm on minutes since I'd rather be on the internet in regards the things I have an interest in.

I'd appreciate help regarding my state of confusion

sincerely ron202 with appreciation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.