Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 110-420
Linux

HP's security bulletin for Meltdown + Spectre has tables of many, many computers, nearly all of which link to BIOS updates as appropriate. I've been keeping an eye on the table for my update. A few months ago, the boxes said "Pending," but now for my ROM family 2AFB, it says Not Available. It's very strange to me since my computer is one of very few that don't have an update there.

What reason might there be for this? I'm not especially worried about the security issues for my use case, but going through the list, it seems that all of the ROM families starting with 2A (not that there's very many) don't have BIOS updates. What reasons might there be for this, and how slim are the chances of updates being released in the future?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Intel updated microcode to mitigate Meltdown and Spectre earlier this year.

It is up to motherboard manufacturers and system integrators to provide the appropriate BIOS updates to pass the Intel microcode updates to end users.

I did not check to see if Intel updated the microcode for your processor.

I suggest you contact HP Support to see what is happening.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.