Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently updated to W10 anniversary and, during the process, got a message that HP Remote Connect had been removed. (As I have never used it, it did not concern me unduly).

However, every time I turn on my computer since, I receive a notification that it has been removed.  

Is there some way to turn off this notification, as it is beginging to annoy me? 

Michael Cahill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@M_Cahill

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

@M_Cahill wrote:

I recently updated to W10 anniversary and, during the process, got a message that HP Remote Connect had been removed. (As I have never used it, it did not concern me unduly).

However, every time I turn on my computer since, I receive a notification that it has been removed.  

Is there some way to turn off this notification, as it is beginging to annoy me? 

Michael Cahill

I do not recognize that service / login / program / process.

I do find several (lots of) references to something called "HP Connected Remote" -- perhaps it is that program / service to which you refer.

I can offer the following ideas:

Easy:

If you have not yet done so, try simply shutting down the computer completely > wait 15 seconds (or as long as you can stand it) > boot the computer from an off condition and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Check for errant service:

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > System Configuration >

tab Services > Temporarily CHECK Hide all Microsoft services >

check the list for the offending program > UNCHECK if found >

UNCHECK Hide all Microsoft services > OK

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If the notification is showing up after you log in, check / adjust:

Windows key > Settings > Apps and features > look for the offending program and Uninstall

Windows key > Settings > Notifications > Scan the Quick Actions icons >> if you find the offending program > Add or remove quick actions > slide the indicator to OFF for that program

Windows key > Settings > Notifications >

Slide OFF Get notifications from apps and other senders

Slide OFF Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Reset the Network

Although extreme, the following might help if the setting is somehow stuck in your network.

Read / understand the warning about the action requiring reinstallation of VPN / virtual switches.

As well, if you are using Static IP settings, these too, may need to be set up.

Windows key > Settings > Network > Network Reset

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@M_Cahill

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

@M_Cahill wrote:

Michael Cahill

I do not recognize that service / login / program / process.

I do find several (lots of) references to something called "HP Connected Remote" -- perhaps it is that program / service to which you refer.

I can offer the following ideas:

Easy:

If you have not yet done so, try simply shutting down the computer completely > wait 15 seconds (or as long as you can stand it) > boot the computer from an off condition and log in

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Check for errant service:

Control Panel > icon view > Administrative Tools > System Configuration >

tab Services > Temporarily CHECK Hide all Microsoft services >

check the list for the offending program > UNCHECK if found >

UNCHECK Hide all Microsoft services > OK

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If the notification is showing up after you log in, check / adjust:

Windows key > Settings > Apps and features > look for the offending program and Uninstall

Windows key > Settings > Notifications > Scan the Quick Actions icons >> if you find the offending program > Add or remove quick actions > slide the indicator to OFF for that program

Windows key > Settings > Notifications >

Slide OFF Get notifications from apps and other senders

Slide OFF Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Reset the Network

Although extreme, the following might help if the setting is somehow stuck in your network.

Read / understand the warning about the action requiring reinstallation of VPN / virtual switches.

As well, if you are using Static IP settings, these too, may need to be set up.

Windows key > Settings > Network > Network Reset

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.