Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So whenever  i try to start the Command  center it says i have  to download  the latest update but whenever i do so i apparently  have  to download it again.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Jonathangc 

Please use Windows Store to update, don't use other method. From Windows Store, search for Omen Command Center then run from there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

image.jpg

It says it’s downloaded, although when i try to open the app it get’s stuck in a black screen, i can click to login (which i have done) and show notifications but the app is just black and nothing happens

HP Recommended

What you need to do is uninstall the Omen Command Center that you currently have on your machine by either using "settings"  then "Apps" then scroll down to where you find Omen then click on Uninstall. You can also uninstall it from the "Start" menu or if you have CCleaner you can uninstall from the Tools menu there. You can also use WindowsPowerShell(Admin). When you uninstall it you will need to restart your computer. After restart go to MS Store and search for Omen Command Center and download it from the store. This is what I had to do. I also disabled it starting when I restart my computer  by going to my START menu in Task Manager as I did with all HP programs. I also turned it off from running in the background in settings. Now what I am running is an HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx so I hope the MS Store version is for your machine. My updates come from MS Store.

Don
HP Recommended

image.jpg

Nothing happens, it’s still a black screen, i turned it off from running in the background and i deleted it and restarted my PC, still when i open it, it’s the same black/dark grey screen 😕

HP Recommended

I was wondering what kind of Omen do you have and the model number? Is this a new computer or is it still in warranty? If it is still in warranty have you contacted tech support by phone during the working hours  https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp   so they can connect to your computer to see what is going on? Was Omen Command Center working before? If it was working before do you have a system restore date  around the time it was last working? Have you reinstalled Windows lately or have you done a factory reset?

OK you said "Nothing happens, it’s still a black screen, i turned it off from running in the background and i deleted it and restarted my PC, still when i open it, it’s the same black/dark grey screen" Did you go to MS Store and install the Omen Command Center from there after you uninstalled it and restarted your computer. If you had uninstalled it you would not be able to open it  because it would not be there. Try this again:

1) In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program". 
2) Look for OMEN Command Center. 
3) Right-click to uninstall. 
4) Restart the computer. 
5) Install the OMEN Command Center from
Microsoft Store

Don
HP Recommended

I haven’t tried to use it before so i don’t know if it has been working before or not, my pc is a HP OMEN PC 880-p0xx

i don’t have warranty anymore and i closed the application from task manager, restarted my PC and downloaded it but the same black screen keeps coming up

HP Recommended

I do not think you are understanding what you must do. You have to delete Omen Command Center App completely from your computer by the steps I listed above. Removing it from the task manager only stops it from running in the background but it does not remove it. Now go to Settings then click on Apps. Scroll down the list of Apps until you see Omen. Now click on Omen and you will see two selections .....MOVE.....UNINSTALL . Click on UNINSTALL then confirm that is what you want to do if it asks. Now restart your computer and Omen should now be gone. Now go to Microsoft Store and search on Omen Command Center and click install. That should reinstall Omen.  When you get that done let me know and I will try and help you in setting it up the way I have it in my Obelisk. 

Don
HP Recommended

i have understod what you asked me to do, it still does not work, i first used task manager to close it down completely, i then searched for "uninstall" after pressing the windows button on my keyboard, i uninstalled the program and restarted my PC, i then went into microsoft store and downloaded it, it keeps taking me to the same place where (black/grey screen) 

HP Recommended

Now that you have it downloaded I would go back to the store and check for  updates by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner then download and up dates then click on updates. You can go to the Omen App Page and try to launch it from the store. It really seems as though you are missing a driver for it. I would also check services and make sure HP Omen HSA Service is set at Automatic to start up. If all else fails delete what you have from the store and restart computer and try downloading from here the complete package for your system Oman Command Center  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/1869... .  If this fails I would talk with a HP tech and let them link into your computer to see what is exactly is going on.  Good luck.

Don
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.