cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boggiom72
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

P 6630f doesnt start. The orange light with the triple disk is on thought. but screen not on.

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It happened since I owned it, and sometimes hitting the keyboard would have make it start...

Hard drive seems running.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
32,814 32,714 2,976 7,308
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@boggiom72 

The orange light with the triple disk is the drive activity monitor and that means the drive is being read.

The screen not coming on implies that the drive is corrupted and Windows is not getting far enough into the boot process for the video drivers to be loaded so the screen will display the desktop.

A quick search on this model indicates it is from 2009 -- and if that is yours, and it still has the original drive -- that implies drive failure.

To check the drive you have to follow these steps:
1) Press Esc key repeatedly, several times a second, while rebooting the laptop. Do NOT hold the key down, just press it over and over.
2) Eventually, you will see an HP Startup Menu -- that will look similar to the image below ...
HP Startup Menu.jpg
3) press the Function key for testing the hard drive (usually F2) and let it run.

Please report back the test results.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation