Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
22-b045nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got HP all in one computer recently all the updates i am geting and installing from hp.

but last 3 times i failed update PC BIOS update

ROM family SSID 8304 Tried to install now also failed i dont know why

please help me

Softpaq number: SP79538

Version: F.01AP1

SIZE: 7.37 MB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. HP Support Assistant sometimes provides generic updates, meant for many models. You can ignore this update or uninstall HP Support Assistant from your computer and install it back with the latest version available at this link

Hope this helps. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @shamju

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to update the BIOS on your computer. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

May I know the reason you are looking to update the BIOS, are you facing any issues with your computer?

Request you to press Win + R keys together on your computer when the computer is on the desktop screen. 

This would bring up the run dialog box. 

Type msinfo32 and hit enter. 

This would bring up the system information page on your computer. 

Could you please let me know the version of BIOS installed on your computer. 

Alternately, you can also boot the computer to BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup. 

Please check the SSID of your computer and the BIOS version installed on your computer in BIOS. 

When I check the BIOS updates available for your computer on the drivers page on HP website. 

There are 3 SSID BIOS updates available and SSID 8304 is not listed. 

Please click here for the drivers page, based on the SSID of your computer, download the correct BIOS meant for your computer and install it on your computer. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the advise..

actually i  dont have any issues right now without updating

this update is came automatically thru HP support assistant then i tried to update then failed

now as u said i checked my BIOS version ,this is it

mode -UEFI

version -AMI F.20

DATE-11/10/16

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. HP Support Assistant sometimes provides generic updates, meant for many models. You can ignore this update or uninstall HP Support Assistant from your computer and install it back with the latest version available at this link

Hope this helps. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.