Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2022uk Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Driver downloads commenced but nearly all failed to download.  System reset yesterday to a point before updates and lost all audio on restart.  Missing Drivers found in HP support area and download assistant employed to download prior to installation.  No reason given for drivers failing to download.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A "No audio device is installed" message displays

it's up to you, but there is always something to do, test
"Using the HP support page there are around 9 or 10 different drives,"
I don't know what you're talking about, but leave that for now
see the indications given in the link even if indicated windows 10
See if the audio driver is installed in the device manager, and configure the audio output as indicated if you are using external speakers

don't mind the image on the left here

Capture d’écran 2021-05-10 181617.png
Have you reinstalled windows 8, to need to reinstall your drivers?
But if you want to give up, I understand, not very young computer, but it can still be used

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Have you tried to download the driver directly from the product page?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6-2000-desktop-pc-series/5151865/model...
Sorry, I didn't understand everything

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

6.0.1.6662 Rev. A53.1 MBOct 24, 2012Download

So download the driver here, install this driver
If the computer does not restart at the end of the installation, restart
Wait a bit, check if it works
Tell me if you have an error message or other problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not work.  

It seems to install, but looking at my control panel - audio status, it still tells me 'no audio devices found'.  Using the HP support page there are around 9 or 10 different drives, all of which have to be downloaded and installed, but at least 5 of which do not even download.  It also seems that my PC cannot support further updates to some of the drives which leads me to think it is high time I invested in another PC.  Thank you once again but I'm off shopping tomorrow.

HP Recommended

A "No audio device is installed" message displays

it's up to you, but there is always something to do, test
"Using the HP support page there are around 9 or 10 different drives,"
I don't know what you're talking about, but leave that for now
see the indications given in the link even if indicated windows 10
See if the audio driver is installed in the device manager, and configure the audio output as indicated if you are using external speakers

don't mind the image on the left here

Capture d’écran 2021-05-10 181617.png
Have you reinstalled windows 8, to need to reinstall your drivers?
But if you want to give up, I understand, not very young computer, but it can still be used

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

All sorted now; sound restored. Thanks for all help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.