Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PCI Serial Port
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i've came on here after a good number of hopeless attempts to get my GPU working. I think it has to do with my PCI serial port, as it does not let me look for a new driver. I managed to find some sort of solution on another forum here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Missing-PCI-Serial-Port-Driver/...

However, i'm not sure what i'm supposed to do with the link provided here. If anyone could, help on how to use said program would be greatly appreciated

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to provide the right driver for your PC, I will need to know the full model number or product number for it.

There are about 10 different PCI serial port drivers based on the PC's chipset.

I can also tell you that installing the driver will have no impact on why the video isn't working.

HP Recommended

I can't actually say im the most tech literate person but i found the model set, its DQ67SW
Im only just trying to fix this because nothing else is really working too well, i got a new gpu recently and its been hell to try and set up yknow

HP Recommended

You need this driver for the chipset your motherboard has.

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

Download the file.  Double-click to run it. Follow the on screen instructions to install the driver.  Basically accept the license agreement and then the installation should be automatic.

What model graphics card are you trying to install?

Do you get a display and just need the driver for it, or doesn't it work at all when you install it?

HP Recommended

alright so i downloaded the pci serial port and it worked, bad news is that youre right, it did nothing for the gpu

ive recently switched to a gtx 1050 ti and for the past three days have been trying to fix it. whenever i try to run a game, like Garry's Mod or Subnautica for example, it crashes. Sometimes it's a black screen, sometimes it's a normal crash, sometimes my screen turns into a mess of colours and one time i even got a blue screen, all from just running a game.

i checked in device manager and found that it has an code 43 and, so far, every method or tutorial ive tried had failed me. id appreciate any input you might have on solving this as well if it's no trouble for you.

edit: meant code 43

HP Recommended

Glad the PCI serial port got installed.

The only suggestion I can offer for the graphics would be to install the latest W10 driver from nVidia.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159091/en-us

I have the GT 1030 in my PC which is probably the same model PC as yours (8200 Elite CMT) and it works just fine on W10.

HP Recommended

im really not sure what im doing wrong in terms of the drivers. ive uninstalled all other drivers, reinstalled nvidia ones countless times using different options to the point of only downloading the driver. strangely, ive noticed how games that arent optimized by nvidia work perfectly fine while the ones that do break and crash.

would you happen to know how to get rid of the whole 'optimization' thing?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I would not.

I suggest you start a new post regarding the graphics issue.

My only suggestion would be to clean install W10 and start fresh with no drivers.

W10 will automatically install the graphics driver after a couple of minutes once you are connected to the internet, and the only other driver you should need is the serial port driver I gave you.

You can clean install W10 for free by making a bootable W10 installation flash drive using the media creation tool at the link below.

Create the 64 bit installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.