Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq DC7700 Small Form Fa
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can't find the driver for my PCI simple communications controller that's compatable with windows 8.1 64 bit. could anyone point me in the right direction (hopefully a link to the exact driver i need)? i've already spent a lot of time looking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As I wrote above...if the auto install method doesn't work, you have to manually install the driver.

Here is how you manually install the driver...

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI simple communications controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34743.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver...you may have to manually install it if the auto install doesn't work.

This package contains the Intel Host Embedded Controller Interface (HECI)driver for access to Active Management Technology (AMT) as part of the Intel Digital Office Initiative for the listed desktop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34743.exe

HP Recommended

it didn't work. it said the operating system is not supported.

HP Recommended

As I wrote above...if the auto install method doesn't work, you have to manually install the driver.

Here is how you manually install the driver...

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI simple communications controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34743.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

oh i see. thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

do you think you could also find the proper driver for this graphics device? i have one, but not sure if it's the proper one, being as some programs are giving em trouble about it being outdated. this is my device;

Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (HP)

i'm sorry for any inconvenience, it's just that i need help because i am terrible at finding things online. it took me quite a while just to fidn this forum to ask for help.

HP Recommended

Hi:

That graphics device is what you want to see.

When the graphics driver is not installed in W8.1 you would see a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter listed under the Display Adapters device category in the device manager.

So, if Windows Update has not found a newer driver, then there isn't one available.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to compare the driver version and date of the current graphics driver (click on the driver tab for the graphics adapter in the device manager), and check the latest Windows Vista graphics driver on your dc7700's support page.

This is the latest version and date.  If the one in W8.1 is newer than this, then there is nothing you can do.

Type:Driver - Graphics
Version:7.15.10.1554 Rev. A(17 Oct 2008)
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows Vista Business (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise (64-bit)

As a last resort, you can see if the W7 Intel graphics driver is newer than what Windows installed...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18228/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-Driver-for-Windows-...

HP Recommended

thank you !

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.