2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Pairing iPhone7 Plus with HP Orbit on desktop

HP Recommended
Envy 750-435st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Excuse me if this has been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it.  When I try to pair my iPhone7 Plus running 10.2 with my desktop, Envy 750-435st windows 10 64bit it keeps saying "Sorry, we're unable to pair with your PC".  Both devices are on the same wireless network and have access to the internet so I don't see any network issue.  I've tried booting both devices but nothing changes.  I've inserted a screen snapshot of the message from my phone.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_CBEC0913.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WyreNut
Level 15
16,240 14,999 1,038 2,096
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I found a support page with instructions about HP Orbit.

Did you start the app first on the phone, and see the pairing code appear on the PC?

If you have a dual-band router, are both devices using the same band?

A reboot of the router might clear out some "cobwebs"... Also, the page mentions the possibility of a Firewall blocking access from the phone.  Might try turning off the firewall, or setting an exception to allow incoming TCP traffic on ports 9955 and 13148

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WyreNut
Level 15
16,240 14,999 1,038 2,096
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I found a support page with instructions about HP Orbit.

Did you start the app first on the phone, and see the pairing code appear on the PC?

If you have a dual-band router, are both devices using the same band?

A reboot of the router might clear out some "cobwebs"... Also, the page mentions the possibility of a Firewall blocking access from the phone.  Might try turning off the firewall, or setting an exception to allow incoming TCP traffic on ports 9955 and 13148

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

tdmajor
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It turns out to be a firewall issue but I haven't been able yet to put my finger on exactly what the issue is.  I've added the Orbit applications but that didn't help.  I haven't been able to see if there are other ports or services that are causing the problem.  I'll keep plugging away and if I can find the right combination of rules I'll post them.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation