Please help

Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi

I am just wondering if I install Windows defender offline

Does my files get deleted if the Windows defender offline completed

The reason why I want to do this

Is because

When I done Windows defender scan yesterday the scan picked out harmful virus and it got removed to the history selection on Windows defender selection and it went to quarantined items
I accidentally pressed removed now I am worried if that harmful software will affect my computer.

I did the anti virus scan straight way.

Is my computer safe or not. Have I got something to worry about

Please help? It is my first time on here.
1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
24,676 21,071 2,412 8,009
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Please help

@Zareen1, welcome to the forum.

I don't believe that you have any problems.  If you ran Defender again and no virus was found, it is gone.  You should be safe.

The main thing that you have to do is, be extremely care about what you download from the Internet.  Anytime that you download anything there is a chance of getting a virus.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation