Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15 T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a laptop from HP on HP.com/.  It was supposed to come preinstalled with Mirosoft Office  HP Home and Student.  I have the receipt from when I purchased it showing the addtional things I had installed and this was listed however if i go to the settings and see the installed software this is not listed.  I called HP and they said I need to reach Microsoft however I don't have a product key.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Is this a recent purchase?  Did you actually pay for the Microsoft Office Home and Student?

( amount shown on the receipt? )

Many times it is just a free trial.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi thanks forthe reply.  It was with a bunch of other options and upgrades and the price was not broken out so I contacted HP directly and yes, I purchased the Office product for 150.99.  I logged into MS and it is not listed.  

HP Recommended

Was this a Windows 10 PC and recent purchase?  You did not comment on the purchase date.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes I purchased in June of 2016 with Windows 10 Home 64

HP Recommended

You can run Belarc Advisor to see if it was installed and if it was, the product key will be revealed, too.

https://www.belarc.com/products_belarc_advisor

If it was never installed and the install disk and product key was not included in the paperwork and materials with the laptop, then there is not much I can do to help any further.

Getting the software is the easy part, but you need to have the product key to activate it.  Since it has been two years, I do not see any help from Microsoft or HP without any of those items.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

oops I made a mistake it was June of 2018.  

HP Recommended

Well , looks better.  Did Belarc Advisor indicate if the Microsoft Office Home and Student had been installed and show the product key, if it indeed was?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I did use it and discovered  that it was never installed.

HP Recommended

That is unfortunate.  What can be done, if you can find the product key, it can be downloaded from Microsoft and then installed. 

I would search through all of the paperwork and materials that came with the PC again.  The product key is really all that is needed.  It should be with the software disk but it might be on a piece of paper with the download link.  If you cannot locate that, it would seem that another call or visit to where the purchase was made is in order.

BTW: this is a user to user forum and only some HP employees frequent here.  I would start with the place you purchased the item and ask for some help.  If whomever you get says to call Microsoft, then you have the wrong person to talk to and ask for a different person or supervisor.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.