Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I try to print, the only option I am given is to fax.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tom329 

You've given us no details to work with.

Please provide the following:

1) OS version you are running

2) Printer model

3) Whether you are using software installed from HP or built-in software from Microsoft

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding to my post.  Here is the info you need:

OS is Windows 10 Pro

Printer is HP Office Jet 5740

Software is HP

Laptop is Pavilion 17 Notebook PC

When I try to print a document, I am not given a print option, instead options to fax, send to OneNote, etc.  The connection seems to be lost between the laptop and my printer.

HP Recommended

@WAWood  got it pried out of you!  Here is how to determine what is happening.

Is this supposed to be wireless? If so, did you ever install the printer software for a wireless connection.

Now you guys can work it out, OK?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks! I followed your advice and it looked like it might work-the document ended up in the queqe and then disappeared after a few seconds. It did not print.

I then tried the following: uninstalled the printer and then reinstalled.  The same thing happened.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.