Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!  I've been unable to print from my PC for quite awhile now.  It could be since updating to Windows 10, but I've been able to solve the issue after using the troubleshooting application and Windows advice.  It prints fine from my phone and tablet, but I need it to print from my PC also.  It's set up to print wirelessly from all of my devices and has always worked that way before.  Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @CCX2, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out. Please answer a few questions below to assist you better.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you able to print using a USB cable?

Have you replaced the router recently?

Are the printer and computer connected to the same wireless network?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

I know the steps look long enough but it's worth a try to fix the issue.

So let's continue with the troubleshooting now.

Try the steps recommended below.

Restart computer, router and printer together to connect them back to the network.

Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network.

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

NOTE: 

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type your network security password (WEP or WPA key), and then touch Done.

Uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software. (Windows Only)

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Also, I'd suggest you assign a manual IP address and also disable the IPv6 on the printer. Here are the steps:

•    Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
•    Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
•    Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
•    Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
•    Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
•    Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Lastly, if nothing works try restoring the printer network settings to default and connect the printer back to the network again using wireless setup wizard.

From the printer control panel, touch Setup and then touch Network Setup
Touch Advanced Settings
Select restore network defaults from the list.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless connection issues with the printer. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.