Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Desktop 590
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI 

This is a minor issue, I know I can tell the software to remove the reminder/skip/delete the install, but HP Support Assistant is advising me there is a driver download for "Realtek Card Reader Driver", I recently had to complete rebuild the PC due to a major Windows problem so it is a clean build, all other updates via Support Assistant have downloaded and applied fine. 

As soon as I start the download for the Realtek Card Reader Driver to do the install, it creates the restore point fine and then says it is downloading the update, this then continues indefinately, I have tried serveral times (even rebooting to see if it helps) sometimes it times out and other times just keeps going, there seems to be a problem with the Support Assistant application pulling this update down or locating it on the HP servers? 

Is there a work around, where I can pull the problematic update down directly from their site? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

>@krzemien wrote:

>Is that your PC?

Yes,

>What's the SP number for this chappy? Would this update work?

Don't know as it never got to display it/hang at that point, but the link looks good, funny enough had a call back today from HP support to check my PC rebuild was ok, and whilst on the phone asked about this, and he suggested deleting it from support assistant geting it to rescan.  The link looks good so will use this and see what happens with support assistant. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.