Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion p6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I just bought a new grahics card and their tech support told me to update my computers bios. I have been trying to see if theres a new update for my computer but your support site isnt working (all i see is a blank white screen) and everything works accept that page where i can see what to update.

Please reply as soon as possible, thank you! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Went back to Windows 7 and updated the bios. The graphics card now works. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please provide the specific model/product number of your system.

Find Model Number/Product Number

HP Recommended

My model number is 6p-2143w.

HP Recommended

Do you mean p6-2143w ?

HP Recommended

yes sorry 🙂

HP Recommended

There are no HP driver updates available for your Windows 10 system but drivers may be available through Microsoft Windows Update.

If you go to the HP Software and Driver site for your system and choose Windows 8 you will see that the latest BIOS update is: version 8.17 Rev.A    Dated March 11, 2015

The new BIOS details does not specifically mention graphics fixes or enhancements.

BIOS Details:

This package provides an update to the HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS (ROM Family 2ACF) for supported models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp70604.exe

Release details

Version 8.17 Rev.A

Fix and enhancements

Improved security of UEFI code and variables.
HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to these updated BIOS versions.
** After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

You can check your current BIOS version by typing msinfo32  into the search bar.

Under System Summary you will see "BIOS Version/Date"

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
       If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended
Went back to Windows 7 and updated the bios. The graphics card now works. 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.