Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop Pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello! Im asking can i activate a Windows 7 Key from an old HP desktop to another HP computer? If can tell me how. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are many situations for that scenario.  In the short version - NO, but if the "other HP computer" is one that could have Windows 7 from the factory, then maybe.  Please explain further with model numbers and what version of Windows 7

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The other computer doesnt have windows 7 originally it has windows 10 and it is HP Pavilion 570-p038no. 

HP Recommended

I suspect that it will not work, especially if the key was used on the old computer.

Keep in mind that much of the new computer hardware might not have drivers for Windows 7, either.  Actually if you wanted to try it with out wiping out the Windows 10 install, replace the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 7.  It can run for a week as a trial, if it goes well, then try to activate or get a cheap Windows 7 key from another retailer.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.