Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pammywammy
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Product name says "HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx" after resetting Win 10 & BIIOS update

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0044
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago, but due to failed driver installations and Windows 10 updates, I reset Windows last week.  I deleted all my personal files and settings, too.   I had also installed the "HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8433)" before resetting Windows.  Since then, when I have run the HP SysInfoEx or any system info program (Windows 10, Speccy, etc), the "Product Name" says "HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0xxx," instead of 590-p0044.  I have been trying to figure this out on my own and thought maybe it was the drivers not being installed/uninstalled correctly, so last night I ran the Display_Driver_Uninstaller utility by Wagnadsoft for the AMD drivers.  I then reinstalled the original chipset driver and display driver from my HP support page this morning, and it did not change anything.  Also, when I open my Radeon settings and go to System, I see "Memory Type 0."  I think it actually listed the type at one point, but I am not sure if that was before or after I reset Windows.  Please advise if anything is actually going on here or if I should not be worried and just ignore this.

Thank you for your help!

Pam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,210 122,387 20,117 30,849
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I agree with mdklassen's comment regarding the BIOS update changing some minor model number details.

Not sure why windows is reporting 0 memory type though, or what that means.

Did it used to report GDDR5 memory type or something?

And I agree with both Dragon-Fur and mdklassen, that if the PC is working fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If another BIOS update is released, it may fix the minor glitches.

I usually don't update the BIOS' in my PC's unless there is something in the release notes that fixes a serious problem I am having with the PC, or contains an enhancement that I know I want.

I am more circumspect regarding installing BIOS updates, after having to toss a perfectly working PC in the trash after a BIOS update failed many years ago.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
31,987 31,692 2,913 10,657
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pammywammy

I only found two models in this "44" series - yours and a P0044ur model.

Windows Reset likely wiped out some of the HP factory installed details.  (That is a guess.)

Personally, lack of details notwithstanding, the issue is perhaps a "non-event".

The BIOS loaded, the software and drivers installed, and the computer works as it ought.  (I inferred that the system is operational from your comments.)

After a quick check, I don't find anything in the Guides, Specifications, Advisories, or Bulletins that makes this sound like a problem.

I might have missed something - it happens.

@Huffer , @Paul_Tikkanen

How (if possible) to regain system details after a Windows 10 Reset?

Member mentioned Chipset - I assume other drivers are installed.

Order of events?

Thanks!

Reference

Device Homepage

Drivers / Software and BIOS, Videos, Advisories, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

3LA79AA - HP Pavilion 590-p0044

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,696
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> How (if possible) to regain system details after a Windows 10 Reset?

What details are you wanting to see?

I think that the motherboard semi-PERMANENTLY contains the basic information that one sees within BIOS SETUP, independent of the installed operating system (Linux? Windows? FreeDOS?).

I presume that a BIOS update can change some of those "details", such as the version-ID of the installed BIOS.

Who's to say that an update cannot change '0nnn' or '0444' to the more-generic '0XXX' ?

Maybe, the HP software engineer "merged" multiple sets of BIOS programming, to produce the '0XXX' release that supports two slightly-different motherboards.

If it ain't broke, you're not trying hard-enough.  ... Red Green

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I agree with mdklassen's comment regarding the BIOS update changing some minor model number details.

Not sure why windows is reporting 0 memory type though, or what that means.

Did it used to report GDDR5 memory type or something?

And I agree with both Dragon-Fur and mdklassen, that if the PC is working fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

If another BIOS update is released, it may fix the minor glitches.

I usually don't update the BIOS' in my PC's unless there is something in the release notes that fixes a serious problem I am having with the PC, or contains an enhancement that I know I want.

I am more circumspect regarding installing BIOS updates, after having to toss a perfectly working PC in the trash after a BIOS update failed many years ago.

View solution in original post

pammywammy
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you all very much! You have put me at ease. Yes the computer is running beautifully! Thank you again for your help!!!
Pam
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation