Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3130 Minitower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I wanna add more ram, my MS 7613 ver 1:1 supports 1333mhz memory, I can't seem to change that from the board's BIOS settings... When I insert a 4gb 1600mhz ram the computer doesn't start at all, it just freezes on the startup window... Is there a way to use 1600mhz speed ram or am I stuck with 1333mhz forever untill I get a new motherboard? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So therefore, unfortunately you have to return the module if possible and settle for compatible modules
modification options are only available with some recent models

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

no, either you are using a single module that could work with the motherboard, but it will not be recognized at the indicated frequency
either you try two different modules, and it can block ..
compatibility:

Memory Type: PC3-10600 DDR3 SDRAM (1066/1333MHz) non-ECC
Expansion Slots: Four (4) DIMM slots
Maximum Memory1:
  • Pro Mini-Tower Model 3110: 8GB
  • Pro Mini-Tower Model 3115: 16GB
  • Pro Mini-Tower Model 3120: 8GB
  • Pro Mini-Tower Model 3125: 16GB
  • Pro Mini-Tower Model 3130: 16GB

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pro-3130-minitower-pc/4191693/document/c02170975

Illustrated Parts and Service Map - HP Pro 3130 Minitower PC

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Prométhée

I get you, the thing is, I have 2 ram DIMMs 1 is at 1333mhz and the other is at 1600mhz speed they are both 4gb DDR3 but different manufacturer but no matter what the 1600mhz ram won't work even when paired with the 1333mhz ram. The system  reads the 1600mhz but it doesn't use it at all...if I use 1600mhz only the system is as good as having no ram and my desktop doesn't function it just freezes... Only the 1333mhz 4gb RAM works fine, I thought this was because my motherboard is rated for 1333 and 1066mhz speed, I had learned online that you can change that on the BIOS settings so it overclocks, but I can't acces those settings for this motherboard this PC to get it to accept 1600mhz ram DIMMs...

I wanted to know if there's a way to use 1600mhz RAM DIMMs on this MS 7613 motherboard?

I understand the limitations that my  hp-pro-minitower-3130 has with regards to RAM frequency speed ...is there really no way to get it to use RAM with faster frequency speeds than intended, on my current motherboard, or is the only other option to get a motherboard that can easily use RAM Modules with a higher speeds?

HP Recommended

So therefore, unfortunately you have to return the module if possible and settle for compatible modules
modification options are only available with some recent models

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Thanks alot Prométhée🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.