Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 570-030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The recovery procedure fail. Somebody knows how remediate it? Anybody knows how download a recovery file for my computer so i can restore it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't work for or represent HP, so I cannot speak on their behalf regarding the warranty.

However, I doubt that you won't lose the hardware warranty coverage, but you will probably lose the software warranty coverage, since you installed a non-HP operating system image using the suggestion I posted.

Under those circumstances, since HP technical support can't remote in to your PC, you would probably have to have them send you a HP recovery kit to reinstall the operating system.  I also believe you will be charged for that.

So, it is up to you as to how you want to proceed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the factory reset option isn't working...

You can make your own plain W10 installation media by using the media creation tool at the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You will have the choice of making a bootable USB installation flash drive, or save an ISO file that you can burn to a DVD using the burn ISO file on your DVD burning program.

The software will work with the W10 product key in your PC's BIOS, and will activate once you are connected to the internet.

Then go to your PC's support page to install the drivers and available software.

HP Recommended

Thank you but are you sure that thisway don't lost the warranty rights on my computer? It is only a week age!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't work for or represent HP, so I cannot speak on their behalf regarding the warranty.

However, I doubt that you won't lose the hardware warranty coverage, but you will probably lose the software warranty coverage, since you installed a non-HP operating system image using the suggestion I posted.

Under those circumstances, since HP technical support can't remote in to your PC, you would probably have to have them send you a HP recovery kit to reinstall the operating system.  I also believe you will be charged for that.

So, it is up to you as to how you want to proceed.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, you are very clear, I've already activated a warranty request to HP so i must wait our answer.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.