Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q170se CTO (Touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer is glitching and when I went to device manager to check things over I see an error icon at the Firmware section titled "system firmware"

Does there exist a Bios driver update or fix out there that will cure this problem?  Detailed instructions would highly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I had that problem too on a couple of AMD PC's I have.

Windows update installs an incompatible update to the system firmware.

What I recommend you do is to right click on the problem device, select uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and Windows will reconfigure the system firmware device correctly.

If the update shows up again in Windows update, run the Hide Windows update utility that I zipped up and attached below to prevent that update from installing again.

I doubt that device is what is causing the problems your PC is encountering.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.