Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F0020ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I apologize in advance for my English. The problem is that periodically the process - system interrupts consumes up to 20% and the system starts to slow down.
I have the latest version of Windows 10 v2004 and the latest drivers installed. The system reinstalled on a new one, the system initially installed all the drivers automatically. But I still manually updated the drivers for audio, video and a network card. After a reboot, system interrupts consume from 0.1 to 2%, but for a short time, I did not find patterns.
LatencyMon puts in the first place - USB. I read that this may be due to the chipset driver, BUT .... None of the drivers from the official HP site are installed. I downloaded the driver on the chipset, open it and install it, after that CMD appears for a second and immediately closes. The same thing happens with audio drivers.
What I have already done: updated Bios, installed Intel Optane Extensions, tried to install the driver on the chipset (why is it not installed ??). help me please

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Izjumka 

First off, right now, it's a really BAD idea to be running Win10 v2004 -- as there are major issues with it that MS is only starting to investigate.  See this thread for details:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Second, HP does not have drivers for an OS version this new -- so you are not going to find any new drivers that fix any problems you will be encountering.  It takes MONTHS for driver updates to come out, and even then, they are usually only for new PCs built since the new Win10 version came out.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I had this problem even on version 1909 when I just bought a computer

HP Recommended

@Izjumka 

You failed to mention that -- so at this point, since it appeared to work OK at first, then I would do a factory reset to send it back to v1909.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Shouldn't HP (as such a large supplier of PCs) be working with Microsoft so that you have drivers and other support is available when Microsoft releases new versions/editions?   I would think that you would have some muscle with respect to this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.